Improving Operations and Financial Management for Competitive Advantage
As a finance transformation and digital professional, I help finance leaders in the public and private sectors design and implement changes in their finance operations, processes, and systems to accelerate their business.
I focus on adding value by providing strategic and analytical skills, data-driven insights, and the required change-related business process to achieve results. I’m accustomed to the challenges involved in working in demanding atmospheres. I bring value, flexibility, accountability, and commitment.
How I Can Add Value to Your Organization:
I understand the challenges that companies are facing with their finance functions, and as your consultant, I can help:
- Provide ongoing support in expense monitoring, month-end closing, variance analysis, forecasting, and budget planning
- Analyze business performance using financial and statistical techniques to monitor business trends and the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
- Build and enhance financial models to forecast and report revenues, expenses, and financial performance.
- Communicate financial report findings and provide quantitative, data-driven insight to company leaders to drive intelligent decision-making and improve business results.
- Define business requirements and conduct current state/future state analysis.
- Standardize and automate routine procedures where possible to increase efficiency, reduce potential errors, and improve quality.
- Leverage the power of business intelligence reporting tools for corporate decisions.
The following list is a sampling of functions indicating my roles throughout my consulting career.
- Assisted a software company with implementing Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 audit compliance and revenue recognition for software licenses
- Helped an international consulting company with auditing misstatement of revenue recognition and sub-contractor reviews to ensure compliance with SEC regulations
- Developed and implemented effective strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes for a Government-sponsored enterprise
- Worked with a team of consultants on a multibillion-dollar financial restatement project in assessing whether impairment indicators existed on financial instruments
- Consulted at a global private investment bank in performing a system audit on the INVESTRAN Accounting System to ensure data integrity
- Developed financial models and tools, including cost-benefit analysis, resource utilization models, and performance reports for a large financial firm
- Hired by a large international real estate company in identifying and documenting business processes re-engineering opportunities, including current and future-state process flows of the Capital Expenditures (CAPEX) system
Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Communicating – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs
- Problem-solving – Use rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems with effective solutions; is resourceful and self-reliant in finding solutions and can work independently with limited supervision
- Process management – good at figuring out the process necessary to get things done and how to separate and combine tasks into an efficient workflow
- Organizing – can orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Written communication- can write clearly and convey messages to have the desired effect.
In today's business world, flexibility is critical, so I can be called to augment the skills of a firm's existing staff or provide the skills and experience needed to help your company stabilize and optimize business operations.